Finally! New pics of 30G

WannaRace

Reefing newb
Well, after working really hard to get all parameters stable and creating the tank as I saw it in my head, I think I am happy and max'd out at the same time:
3 Green Chromis
2 Clowns
Flame Angel
Yellow tail blue damsel

Cleaner shrimp
Brittle Star

0 Nitrate
0 Nitrite
0 Ammonia
PH 8.2
Calcium @ 500

50 LBS Live Rock

Everyone is happy and healthy... On to the pics!!!

NikonS1205.jpg

NikonS1204.jpg

NikonS1203.jpg

Last edited:
I'm doing a 17% water change every 2 weeks while I run a bag of De*Nitrate 24/7 in a HOB filter, along with PhosBan and carbon. The HOB filter is cleaned every week

Thanks everyone! My Flame Angel is the biggest fish I have so I like the fact that he stands out as my center piece. Really a neat fish to watch.

My Xenias were given to me by a friend out of his 125 Reef. They started as two 1 inch stalks and in a couple months have bloomed like crazy! Not bad for free :)

He also has a 350 gallon with the biggest lionfish that I have ever seen anywhere! I will have to get pics and post them up here. It really is amazing.

whats that plate thing at the bottom ive seen them at like some lfs but always forget to ask how strong a lighting they need?

It is a plate coral. I've always heard and read that they do not need very strong lighting. Mine was flourishing while I was target feeding it. However, I got lazy and decided that whatever it catches should be enough. Well, my shrimp and of course my Flame Angel, who loves to pick at everything, ate everything the plate would grab. So, I believe he finally met his match, BIFF :) I just left it in there, hopefully it doesn't harm the tank in any way that a dead fish or anemone would.

It is a plate coral. I've always heard and read that they do not need very strong lighting. Mine was flourishing while I was target feeding it. However, I got lazy and decided that whatever it catches should be enough. Well, my shrimp and of course my Flame Angel, who loves to pick at everything, ate everything the plate would grab. So, I believe he finally met his match, BIFF :) I just left it in there, hopefully it doesn't harm the tank in any way that a dead fish or anemone would.

Yeah I hate those stupid corals! I hate plates. Sorry about your loss.

great photos. i love the flame angel. they are a favorite of mine. He looks happy in his tank (no doubt he is the king of the tank). I would love to see some mushrooms lining the bottom of the tank on the rocks as well! The tank looks simple beautiful!

-Doc

The Flame definitely keeps things in order in this tank, that's for sure. The Damsel tries picking on him every now and then when he enters his territory, but the Flame won't have it and puts him in check. It has made the Damsel more docile in terms of interacting with other tankmates as well. That Flame is one curious fish though...

Next I am looking to add a clam, but I also want some more corals that are hardy. BTW, my Xenia are starting to grow into my yellow polyp patch. They are both attached to the same rock. How do I move the Xenia?

Back