Finally! New pics of 30G

I don't like to cut any corals in the main tank.Do to possible infection and excessive sliming.Remove the rock with xenia,use a small container with saltwater.Cut it with a razor and make sure it stays wet.You can then rubber band the xenia around another rock or use fishing line and needle.Poke through the base of the xenia and wrap the string around a rubble.

I cut my xenia in the main tank, because my rocks are too big to take out and have other corals on them. I just use a razor blade and cut them off at the base. Then I sandwich the pieces between pieces of live rock rubble in a tupperware container, and they reattach to the live rock rubble.

looks good... consider yourself lucky that the flame angel is not bothering the xenia. i had to remove my xenia and kenya tree because my flame was ripping it apart.

Can anyone ID the green plant growing in and around the yellow polyps? They have spread everywhere the yellow polyps are spreading, and they are extending up towards the xenia. The edges are cerated (sp.). Just wondering if they are safe to the touch, good or bad for the tank, and if I should remove them.

They are not round at all. They actually look like the blade of a chainsaw; long with sharp edges completely around the leaf. It doesn't match anything on Melev's ID or liveaquaria.com

It's hard to tell without a close up, but it definitely looks like some sort of algae. Which is safe to touch. You can remove as much as possible by hand, then try the usual tactics to combat nuisance algae -- run phosphate removal media, feed less, reduce the photoperiod...

Back