finaly got this

I'm curious about the quality on this unit. I looked at that same unit and almost bought it to supplement my power compacts.

Be sure and let us know how it performs Hibye.

So, what tank are you putting this on? Will this be the only source of light on the tank?

ill tell you about some things i can keep in it,i think rigo has the same one

its going to be on the ten and yes it will be the only source of light

I'm curious about the quality on this unit. I looked at that same unit and almost bought it to supplement my power compacts.

Be sure and let us know how it performs Hibye.

So, what tank are you putting this on? Will this be the only source of light on the tank?

I have used Odyssea before I hate them, The bulbs would definetly need replaced right away and ballasts etc. burn out very quickly. I had a 7' halide system and it got so hot that the cords melted and started on fire. Stay away

Hibye watch your close, I've heard the smaller systems are better but keep an eye on it, maybe even a fan.

Can I revive this thread? Anyways the light was very good they through in freeze dried shrimp and blue LEDs. I had them on my ten gallon and kept hard moti,shrooms,and polpys but i had bad expeience with that tank so the lights are now on the 20 gallon freshwater. The plants are doing great. everything stay cool. I would recommend these lights to anybody who wants a cheap and terrific item.

The heat issues were with the ones that used the magnetic ballasts. The newer ones do OK. The bulbs they come with are definitely second rate, but should be expected at the price you typically pay for them.

Me and my dad are making the 125 a predator tank and were thinking about getting the 48" 760 watt. Will it over heat? Could I get a less watt light but still keep hard corals?

Me and my dad are making the 125 a predator tank and were thinking about getting the 48" 760 watt. Will it over heat? Could I get a less watt light but still keep hard corals?

I can only tell you the experience I have had and what I have read on line. The heating issues that used to be associated with Oddysea was with their older ballasts, regardless of size. They are not as nice as some of the other vendors, but they work well on a budget. I did find a *huge* difference when I replaced the bulbs (the Current 6700 / 10K is great). I haven't replaced the Halide yet, which is double ended and more efficient to run than a single ended bulb. I didn't run the MH at first due to not having corals so it only has around six months on it.

Back