Fish Food: Golden Pearls from BrineShrimpDirect - anyone with long term experience?

RockStacker

Reefing newb
I received a sample of "Active Spheres" Golden Pearl 300 - 500 Micron Artemia Replacement and gave some to my fish.
The fish reacted like this thing was fish crack! They would dash across the entire length of the tank to be the first to eat up the food. Even the Scooter Dragonet would come out of hiding to check out what is going on.
They don't even react this way to frozen foods.
I am not sure if it is because of the scent of the ingredients or the pellet size (or both).

Does anyone have any long term experience with this fish food? Would this be a good primary food for the fish? or is it intended more as a fish treat to supplement frozen foods?

Also, does anyone have any water quality issues with this product?

Re: Fish Food: Golden Pearls from BrineShrimpDirect - anyone with long term experienc

What's in it? I can't tell in their site. Is it mostly brine? If it is, no wonder fish jump at it...it's like cotton candy to them :) And it's not very nutritious if it is.

Re: Fish Food: Golden Pearls from BrineShrimpDirect - anyone with long term experienc

Yeah, I've never heard of it...sorry I can't be of any help.

This is the ingredients list on the label.

Fish Meal, crustacean meal, fish oil, phospho-lipids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants inclu. Vitamin C, 1000ppm; Vitamin E, 350ppm; Astaxanthin, 500ppm.

I guess these are like hotdogs. A mix of whatever gets mixed in lol.

LOL...fish meal?? wth is that? I would guess it's good but you should still feed w/ a mix of other frozen foods.

I am going to use these as appetizer. Drop a pinch in and get the fish all exited.
Then drop in their regular food.

fish meal is dehydrated fish meat

We've got some samples coming in to the LFS next week. But other than that I don't know. I'll see how the fish at the store and water parameters react once we get our samples.

We've got some samples coming in to the LFS next week. But other than that I don't know. I'll see how the fish at the store and water parameters react once we get our samples.

Thanks Yote, I will be very interested in your observations.
The online store sells different particle sizes, from powder size to small pellets. But they all look like they are composed of the same ingredients.
I have also noticed the gorgonians catching a few pieces, but not sure yet if they are actually eating it or just holding on to them.

The fish really like it but I don't want to switch to this as the primary food if it is just popcorn.

Did you get a chance to try this product Yote?

Back