Fish options for 29g tank

jahdisp25

Reefing newb
Recently set up my tank and it's now in cycling process. As for my set up, pretty basic....29 gallon rectangular, whisper 3 filtration, standard florescent lighting, live rock etc, etc no thrills I suppose.

Anyway I am trying to compile a list of fish that woudl be suitable for a 29g tank so I can compare options.

Thanks!!!

Tangs are outta the question with that small tank but my 2nd favorite fish is the dwarf angels. like coral beauty, flame angel or the bicolor angel.:bowdown:

Purple or red firefish would be great, as would almost all the blennies or gobies. Also, pajama and banggai cardinals.

You could get a couple green chromis as well, or some clownfish.

Stay away from Damselfish (the Blue ones) as they tend to too aggressive especially in smaller set-ups.

I was going to get a few of those for my initial 2 fish since they are on sale for like $3 each right now....I guess I can just use them and then put them up for adoption?

You can do that, but good luck catching them!! They are awful fish. A better way to go about things is to only add animals you plan on keeping. Catching fish can be a nightmare.

I would skip the yellow tail damsels! I had to break down my tank to get them out...they were killing my clown fish and preventing him from hosting in my anemone. Mean little buggers!

Back