fish paradise

yote said:
Right before you get to the tunnel?

Actually I think you are thinking about The Ark Pet Spa. It's closer to blockbuster. If you are gong north on 27 and take the Dayton Blvd. exit it's the second building on the right.

Ckoladawn, I agree, the Aquarium is a great store. They are pricey but high on quality and selection. There is also a good saltwater only on Bearden Hill.

Jermpool, in Chatt I have been to Bermuda which I thought had pretty good quality and an ok selection. I also visited Fish Mania.

I forget the name right now, but Chattanooga has arguably one of the best pond stores in the southeast. I had known its reputation for a while, so it was one of the first places I visited when I came to town. Unfortunately, a pond store does little good for someone living in an apt. ;)

Fish Mania was my "go to" store for the longest, but I wasn't happy with their fish the last few times I've been there. They don't order fish around the holidays because of the possible delays at the airport. So they didn't have a whole lot. They were expecting an order this week sometime I beleive.

Does anyone know if The Little Fish Store on clouds spring road has SW? It seems like someone told me a year or two ago they were starting, but I have't been in there.

The little fish store is limited to the extreme on her salt water, just a couple of fish and no coral at all

ckoladawn said:
What is the name of the saltwater only on Bearden Hill? I'd like to check it out.

I don't remember for sure, but I think it is Reefers or something. I checked online today but couldnt find it. It is one building east of the standalone Verizon store right at the top of the hill. The store was smaller, but very knowledgable staff and the fish and inverts looked very healthy the few times I dropped by.

ToMatorClown said:
Where is the store that is close to the blockbuster? I drove by and did a quick look and didn't see it.

I'll show you later mater.

It's in between Stovall and that window washing place.

the aquatic wildlife was a research facility that was run on goverment grants, I never got to see it but would have liked to have been old enough when it was around. Im not for sure about the progression of the companies demies but it is my understanding that several factor including the loss of the grant and many other variables caused it to shut down many years ago. there is still alot of the old research equipment floating around the chattanooga area in personal hobbiest homes. If you are interested in more info go to Bermuda traingle and talk to the owner Jon, he was at one point part owner. Like I said this was way before my time, So all my info is second hand. To answer the question though there is no more aquatic wildlife. the name has been used a few times in small LFS locally but has never lasted long

Rough- that would have been cool to see. GARF's recomendations for coral farming (admittedly much smaller than I would assume a research facilty to have been) don't seem terribly demanding so long as the space is available. I am a bit surprised there aren't more amateur coral farmers around.

It really is a very risky buissness. some of the reasons for the demise of aqautic wildlife was tank crashes. it only takes one small mistake to crash tens of thousands of dollars of livestock. I would love to do it as a hobby but not to pay the bills

Id love to be able to sink the same ammount of money in tanks at home that some of these shop owners sink in there store like john at bermuda Ive never seen his tank but I have seen some of the live stock that has come in that he has claimed so I can just immagine what his tank could look like.

apparently your under the impression that jon has sunk alot of money in his tank and the corals in the store? If you only knew the markup! I understand though because the risk is so high for having stuff die.

Oh I understand I just wish I had the money to do it thats all. As far as product goes Ive see it come in and he goes wow thats going in my tank at the house. That would be great.

Last edited:
Hey guys, long time no see/talk!

I don't remember for sure, but I think it is Reefers or something.

You're thinking of the Coral Reef. Used to work there part time. :wink:

<sigh> You guys shouldn't complain about what you've got...come visit WI sometime. The best stuff to be found around here will be in my tanks pretty soon. :roll:

the store on Dayton Blvd is Paws Jaws and Claws went by there today and they are getting it up and running. Seems to have a decent selection. i am fairly new to this and don't know what to look for. It is the next to the last building past Blockbuster going towards downtown.

Back