Fish Selection Help

galonso52

Reefing newb
My tank has been up for about 10 months now. I have one clownfish,two chromis, green star polyp and a few shrooms. About a month ago I brought hom a watchman goby and the other residents gave him less than 12 hours to live. I found him the next morning meeting my clean up crew. Last weekend I brought home a royal gramma and he survived two days with the other fish. I noticed that the he had his rear fin nipped on after one day. Are these fish not compatible because I have read that they should do well toghether. Is my clown agressive or should I take the chromis out. No I am back to the drawing board with what to add next any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:frustrat::dunno:

Its a percula clown. I think I am going to take the chromis back to the lfs then. Any recomendations on what will get a long with an aggressive percula clown. Should get something larger than my percula so that he feels intimidated?

clowns are related to damsels so they arent going to feel intimidated. since he was one of the firsts in your tank itll be hard to add anything else since the clown has already established a territory but to solve this you could switch up the rock work when you add a new fish so that they both have the same amount of time to establish a territory

Chromis are usually very docile and tame. I suspect it's the clown, and not the chromis. If you keep the clown, you'll be limited to keeping bigger and aggressive fish, but if you get rid of the clown, you could keep smaller and timid fish too.

Back