Fish suggestions

Well, right now I only have 4 fish in my 90. They are a falco hawk, kole tang, and a pair of maroon clowns. Previously I had a school of 5 chromis, but they all died within a couple days of eachother after being in the tank for months. Obviously, not the nicest group of fishes, and I can't think of anything to add that would look good while not being completely ripped to shreds...So, what would you suggest?

Could do a goby or a blenny if you have a top on your tank. They are prone to jumping.
But for the most part they tend to keep to themselves.

I think your good...i bet those maroons are BA
Yeah, but I'm thinking of setting up a nem tank for just the two of them.
What about a school of anthias?
meh, never really been a fan of them
Could do a goby or a blenny if you have a top on your tank. They are prone to jumping.
But for the most part they tend to keep to themselves.
I have a top, but I'd be worried about the hawk with them.

So, this seems like it may be a bad idea, but considering I have no crabs or shrimp, would a fu man chu or a dwarf lion work?

Flame and lemonpeel angels are both a serious consideration for me. The one other thing I was thinking about was a sixline or a fourline wrasse. When I was just starting out, and the only things in my tank were a pair of mollies, and my maroons which were ~1 1/2 inches then, I got a sixline, and he was an absolute terror. He killed one molly (not surprising), and completely shredded the other, and the clowns wouldn't go anywhere near him. I'm thinking one of those may be able to get along?

I've got a sixline in with 2 clowns and a firefish. The sixline has been very friendly with everyone in the tank so far, occasionally the female clown will chase him away from their hairy mushrooms though.

SO how does that work really? a max size of a sailfin is 1-3 in and a max kole tang is 7 inches...but a sailfin needs 180g tank? Confussion is setting in here..

Well, I got a coral beauty, and put him in last night. as expected he made a b-line for the rocks, but of course he had to hide in my tang's spot...Well, I didn't see anything happen, but this morning the tang is acting fine, but his fins are totally shredded, and he has marks all down his side. The angel is still hiding, but he looks pretty well shredded up as well, so I suspect a full on brawl between them. The tang ate his nori, and some emerald entree, the angel ate any EE that went behind the rocks towards him. Thanks to all who made suggestions!

Back