Fishes Dying

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
My blue-green reef chromis who is normally out always has been hiding. (He's the one that went in circles for weeks). I've never seen my purple firefish so reclusive. I also never saw him laying on the sand. He swam away. The purple firefish has some fin rot but I'm wondering if there is a bigger problem. My other fish are okay. What too look for?

How are you levels?
How about stray voltage?
Is you water being properly oxygenated?
Maybe something is in the tank attacking them? Maybe a mantis that you dont know about?

No other suggestions from me. Hope you can figure it out, let us know

Its funny you bring up stray voltage...I always wondered about its affect on the fish..i never had a probe up until a couple months ago...i can honestly say i notice a difference..My fish just kinda glide and sway thru the water now,rather than swiming in and out of caves and just kinda fast paced,they seem more relaxed...call it what you want,but i'm glad i put one in

Stray voltage can cause all kinds of crazy things with fish.
I doubt it being a Mantis.You'd hear the clicking,plus most of the mantis we get as hitch hikers perfer crab,snails,and pods over fish.

I'll check voltage. But it may be internal parasites. My blue-green reef chromis (if you recall) swam in circles for weeks and he had long gray stringy poop.

Left for the weekend and came back. The two fish must be dead and now my corals look like they are pale and bleachy. I think I am going to try to find dead fish in rock work and do 50% change out.

I think the fish would already been long gone if they died over the weekend. I'd just focus on the water changes. Sucks if they died. :(

That sucks :( And you did not add any new pieces of equipment? Is your thermometer accurate? It's been hot hot hot in NoVA. It's not like it was one random fish that died...what are your params?

I noticed a bit of green hair algae which hasn't been in my tank in over a year. I think thoses 2 dead fish in my small 29G caused a lil 'trate spike. I did a 50% last night.

Back