Fishy's First Ever 90g Aquarium!!

Been a really long time since I updated this thread, mostly because my camera phone takes such terrible pics. But I snagged a good one of my newest addition last week and wanted to share:

It came from DD and is just now beginning to eat - blood worms soaked in vita-chem, garlic, and AngeLixer seem to have done the trick! Fingers crossed it keeps eating and soon decides to sample more nutritious options like mysis or Rod's food. So far its doing well even in my now pretty crowded tank and hasn't been stressed by my wrasses or tangs, though they are all very voracious eaters which is impacting how much it is eating. So lots of small meals a day and I'm hopeful it will have a long life in my tank!

The CBB is "with caution" - some won't pick at corals, others will. So far this one won't even touch the aptasia in my tank so I think its going to be a model citizen! It has eaten all of the random feather dusters (not a huge deal), and might be picking at the vermitid snails (which I would welcome). Totally ignoring all corals so far. If it starts picking at my fleshy LPS, I'll just move those to a different tank. The huge downside to the CBB is that they are very difficult to get feeding and can be easily stressed by other fish, and many are emaciated when you buy them so don't last very long before they starve to death. I purposely bought this fish from diver's den because they are in optimum health and are feeding well on frozen foods when shipped. Even so, this one took a full week before it would sample any frozen food I added to the tank. I've done a lot of research on these guys and decided to take the risk. I don't know how it will go long-term, but I feel like I got the healthiest specimen possible to give it a fighting chance.

For the record, I also simultaneously added a long-nose butterfly - also from diver's den and originating from Hawaii, which is a good location for healthy specimens - while long-noses will eat inverts they are not known for touching coral. The one I got arrived in very good healthy and was a beauty, eating voraciously with the first feeding. But unfortunately he ran into the glass or got his nose caught in a rock and broke his nose at the bridge, resulting in a pretty rapid death. While I would try the long-nose again I would not do so in a tank that is under 6ft - I think it just needs more horizontal room to dart about without the potential of hitting the glass.

Do you know I spent the last 30mins looking for this thread. I fell asleep last night and it was the last one I looked at. All I could remember was your red velvet fairy wrasse. Huuuuuuuh so aggravating.

Back