Fishy's First Ever 90g Aquarium!!

And finally a few community shots and FTS!!

And what it looked like before I raised my lights (still not perfect, but you can really see the huge spotlighting effects in this pic that I had before)

Thanks everyone!! I really love my tank, even though parts of it drive me crazy at times LOL I especially love my rocks - the combo of the pukani arch and the really big amazing rock on the right side are just so cool! I think I'm just going to start letting stuff grow out now and begin to cover the rocks.

Brittany, I do plan to add black sand in the near future. I've been spending money on coral and fish and really need to pull back and spend June buying dry goods instead - sand, more salt, another powerhead, a new filter for my RO/DI. I also want to add supplemental UV LEDs, but may need to wait until July for those. Anyhow, sand is coming soon. My biggest thing right now is that I want to get all of the crap off the bottom of the tank before the sand goes in - I think most of it is actually particles of rock that have fallen apart rather than detritus. I've been doing my best to siphon as much out as I can whenever I do water changes, but then a fish swims through the rocks and kicks up another cloud of it. I swear I have some rocks in my tank that must just be dissolving, I dunno! I'm now at the point where I think I'm just going to put the sand in on top of it, because siphoning doesn't really seem to make a noticeable difference.:dunno:

Detritus can build up quickly. I usually take a turkey baster and blow out all of the rocks right before every water change. It would be a lot more noticeable in a bare bottom tank. The black sand is going to look great in there btw! :)

So after several minor issues in my tank last week (aiptasia, majanos, zoa pox, wrasse unable to swallow the chaeto that it ate), all is well again in my tank! Aiptasia and majanos appear to be gone, and I only killed a small number of zoas in the process (I thought it was more, but looks like more survived than I initially thought). The zoa with pox is clearly on the mend after 2 treatments w/ Furan 2 (one more to go today). The wrasse finally rid himself of the chaeto and seems no worse for the wear. And I've discovered 2 more coral hitchhikers! One is an LPS of some sort - super tiny but the skeleton looks like an LPS when it closes - I think I'll need to wait until it grows more to be able to identify it, but my very early guess (based on skeletal structure) is either some sort of euphyliia, blasto, or some sort of plate or slipper coral; the other looks like it could be a meteor shower or another goniopora that hasn't fully developed polyps yet. All 3 of the hitchhikers (the green goni being the third) are all on the same rock. I'm excited to watch these guys hopefully grow in my tank! I'll try to get some pics of the two new ones to see if anyone here can ID them :)

Been forever since I've posted anything, but here's my latest addition, Simeon, my pink spotted watchman goby, who has been in the tank for about a month now!

Back