flame angel

lilduud

Reefing newb
ok anybody have advice on how to catch a flame angel? im getting real sick of mine nipping all my corals and bossing everyone around. plus i think hes part of the reason my mandarin died ;( i want him out of there but every time i get close to the tank he darts for the rockwork and hides for a good 20 minutes after im gone. i was going to just isolate him during my tank move but he hid in the cracks of the rock and hitched a ride tucked away so i couldnt catch him.... sneaky little bastard!
so if anyone has hassled with or caught an angel fish please give me some advice im ready for him to go!
thanks in advance everyone

my guess,but may not be the best is to either catch him at night when he cant see you comming,or remove one rock at a time and place in a tub with saltwater,till there are no more rocks left to hide in,granted this may not be the best idea but when your desperate who can say lol

Unfortunately, most fish are so sneaky, the only way is to remove rocks one by one. I have heard of some people using plexiglass dividers to gradually shrink the area of the tank the fish is in, and then grabbing him.

thanks for the advice everybody ill try all of the methods mentioned and report if any works best or at all =/....

WOOOOOOOO finally!!!! I caught the little devil without having to move a single rock or buy a new fish trap!! I left the net in the tank and fed out of it for almost two weeks and he finally ate inside the net. I caught three of my fish at once but the important part is that I got him out... All my corals already look better the next day. Unfortunately my blenny seems to have disappeared which may be because she would no longer eat from the net after she got herself stuck in it and I had to flip her out of it. She got very skinny from eating practically nothing and now I can't find her :( hopefully she's just hiding but I can't express how stoked I am to finally get that piece of s*** out of my tank. And the guy traded me some pretty zoos too :)
Jus wanted to update the thread for anyone who's going through the same thing.

Good Job!! I feel your pain. I had to take most of my rock out one by one to catch mine. :) So sad because they are beautiful fish!!

Back