foam...

lumpy

Reefing newb
ok so. I have a 75 gallon and I noticed some foam on the top of my water where the return from the sump is. Is there anything in a tank that might cause this ( I know thats a wide open question without describing whats in my tank)? My rodi filter spills into an open container under neath the outflow for my clothes washer. Obviously I'm concerned this may be the cause and a problem so I'm looking at fixing it.
But I am curious if I'm worrying for no reason. Any thoughts outside of the obviouse (get your rodi water out from underneath your washing machine outflow)?

Thanks

I get a little bit of foam in the corners of my tank opposite the power heads. I believe the reason is my crappy protein skimmer. Its not removing enough junk from the water and its foaming up now.

Are you running a protein skimmer?

sooooo... I'm guessing that this might be part of my problem when it comes to the cyano bacteria outbreak I've been trying to fight?

Not particularly. Although if it's building up on the surface of your water that means your skimmer isn't doing a good job.

Back