Food on substrate & CUC

Tango

Reefing newb
Hi guys,

I'm new to all this and you've all helped me along the way. Best forum EVER!

My question is.

How do I get rid of all the extra food that hits the bottom? It's realllllly started to accumulate. Is there a snail, hermit, shrimp that will eat this?

Also I have NO CUC in my tank yet. What do you recommend! Please and thanks!!!!!!

I would checkout reefcleaners.org and get a CUC package from them. you also get a discount for being a member on here. At the very least it will give you a good idea of what to have in a CUC.

Also, if you have a bunch of food hitting the bottom you probably are feeding too much.

Nass snails, hermit crabs, serpent stars, and cleaner shrimp are all good guys to have for cleaning up excess food.

Is their a specific hermit cram people recommend? I also hear hermit crabs kill snails. So can I mix the two?

Also, if you have a bunch of food hitting the bottom you probably are feeding too much.

My fish are new, so I don't get them. I put in these NLS pellets and they each eat one! do I put in like 6 little pellets and 3 hit the floors.

Flakes, they don't touch the big flakes and only eat one or two of the smaller pieces so than the big flakes hit the floor. So imagine this happening all week. I have a bunch of flakes and pellets on the floor cause these guys eat very little. I wish they'd go crazy and try to eat everything, but seems like they are satisfied with one piece or two

Back