foxface bleaching

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
So, my foxface appears to be doing really well, swimming around actively, eating a LOT (lots of flake, brine, mysis, and probably 65 lbs of the now extinct long hair algae in my tank.)
Only thing is, right now he is pacing back and forth constantly against the front glass of the tank, and he's really blanched a lot and has almost no yellow on his body. It's not the blotchy color he turns when he's stressed/hiding/sleeping, but he just looks a lot less colorful. I know they are sensitive to water chemistry and stuff...anyone with a fox seen this particular color pattern? (only yellow around the edges of his body)
A

hmmm..how can this mofo be hungry!?!? He ATE so much...I just put some red algae prepared food in, but he's ignored it the last hour...hmmm, might have to get him so green stuff tomorrow.

Update: I just put in some chaeto I've been floating in a bag on top of my tank (waiting for the fuge) and he seemed interested, and ate some..we'll see. Still white tho.

By the way, can you store extra chaeto in the freezer or anything?

It definitely might, just make sure its not just tap water. you need salt, though im sure that was supposed to be assumed

Foxface will go thru fading depending on mood too. when spooked/nervous may go pale. Just observe for ectoparasite (Ick, Velvet, etc), otherwise just monitor.

Back