Frenchie's 75 gallon build thread

d.french

Reef enthusiast
starting a new one, so far got the 75 gallon tank and stand, plus hang on over flow (u-tube style). will post some pics tonight. Planning on aquactnics 5 bulb t5 48" fixture. Not sure on sump yet, getting ideas right now from different people for what size of sump to use under tank. Never done a sump yet so my first question for this thread will be i got a dual over flow the guy who gave it to me said each one is 600 gph so 1200 overall, need advice on a return pump.

this is what i got for a trade with my nano cube and some corals+xtra equipment for nano. This will not be a real quick build thread since christmas is close. So during xmas shutdown at work since i'm a maintenance machinist i will get some triple time galore on paycheck hopefully make a really fat check for after xmas shopping for this tank.

IM001098.JPG

IM001096.JPG

IM001095.JPG

should i use both overflow or only one of them

the more the better but the only problem is with that is that you have to buy a ,stronger pump = more expensive

nice overflows. I would think a mag 9.5 would do nicely. it would be slightly less flow than the overflows. which should be more than enough flow for a 75 gallon.

just found a oceanic trickle filter measure 30L x 13w x 18H converted into a sump with baffles from a local reefer for 25 bucks cause a couple of baffle need redone.

30L x 13w x 20H comes out to 33.8 gallons oceanic bought it from local reefer for 25 bucks, only need baffles redone.

DSCN0188.jpg

selling xbox 360 tomorrow afternoon since i haven't played it in 6 months, so now i will have 300.00 to go towards my new light. Might get this thing going sooner than i thought.

ever since i got this new maintenance job i'm just to busy,i'll get another once i get some seniority and can get a straight shift bid. But right now i haven't touched the xbox in six months so it has to go my love for saltwater is stronger. Beside i want the Halo elite edition xbox 360 anyway.

Great choice on the fixture.
Everybody seems to be considering Aquactinics,I think Tom ought to cut me a check.I know Salty has the fixture and loves it.Remember to post pics when you get it.

ordere tx5 48" with riser brackets and 2 blue plus ati bulbs(actnics) and 3 aquablue special 12000k, wasn't sure about the ati pro color bulbs so i stuck with 2 other color bulbs that premium aquatics carried that were ati bulbs.

I finally read up on that bulb at RC.
People really seem to like the procolor.Someone had pics of the bulb and they had a slight pinkish look to them.I love what you can do with T5.So many looks its almost unlimited.Good luck and congrats again.

Back