Frenchie's 75 gallon build thread

all tx5 fixtures are backordered 2 to 3 weeks though tom said production is going good light fixture is very popular right now.

that means the stuff must be awesome everyone selling out quick here also. I need another bottle to, hopefully one of stores around here still have some.

this is what i got so far as plans for setup, will change skimmer at later date, using ball valves at overflow and at return pump for adjusting flow.

tankdesign75gallon33gallonsump.bmp

finally went and got sump it was a oceanic trickle filter converted to sump, freakin heavy thick glass, have to redo baffles, this guy was freakin cool sold it to me for 25 bucks and got a neon green finger leather and some zoas for free, we got some great members in our club.

IM001122.JPG

Just go to Lowe's and have them cut plexiglass to fit. For bubble traps, use three baffles, the middle one 1-inch off the bottom, and the three of them 1-inch apart from each other.

Looks good to me. I don't know why he has the gap in the return section baffle, you could just use a solid piece of plexi for that.

I don't understand why the skimmer is in the fuge section and not in the first(left) section.Is there a bubble trap on the Urchin?

I'm a little late to this, but lookin good. its always super fun building new tanks. and what a good deal on the oceanic sump!

finally went and got sump it was a oceanic trickle filter converted to sump, freakin heavy thick glass, have to redo baffles, this guy was freakin cool sold it to me for 25 bucks and got a neon green finger leather and some zoas for free, we got some great members in our club.

IM001122.JPG

Dude Killer deal !
yeah re doing the plexi is not tha big of a deal Great buy !

the gap in the one baffle is how its setup up now, im taking baffles out cause there loose and very thin plexy glass. Just want some advice on how many and which way to place new ones in sump.

Back