Fresh from the ocean

Sweet pics man, as soon as I saw that octopus i was like its gonna escape and come attack you in the night..... :)

did I see the pics right, was that a brown-banded bamboo shark just hanging out? I am SOOOO jealous. I want one again, SOOOOOOOO bad. urgh. If only. Damn student loans are cramping my style, I could have SUCH a huge tank if I wasn't paying for those stupid things!!!

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I just realized that I would probably be making a cold water aquarium if I harvest stuff myself. Our water here is between 10 and 20 degrees. Does the whole setup work the same for cold water?

If you do a cold water system,Then you would probably wont to add a good chiller.
I dont how warm it gets there in the summer,But your lights will warm your up quiet a bit.

I'm getting a 1meter tall hex tank too. Thinking of using that for seahorses. Will I be able to use the same sump as my 50 gallon tank? That will save a lot of space(lounge not very big)

oooo. Seahorses are TOUGH for a first tank. They are very fragile, don't eat very well, and don't ship well either. They require almost perfect water quality. They also cannot be housed with other fish, as they will likely starve to death from not getting enough to eat. I would try a few tanks first before jumping to seahorses. Just my :twocents:.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I decided against the seahorse tank.

i took some rocks,sand and water and put the lot in a plastic bin with a skimmer, heater and airpump. Next day I added some fish, shrimps and a sea hare. Two weeks later and the are all doing fine so it seems that when I stock my tank I would not have any cycle.

Back