Fresh from the ocean

That'll save you money on salt any way.
I dont think you'd have any problems using natural ocean water.Just be sure to test it before you add it to your tank just for added insurance.

Welcome and Hello...let me konw how its goes I want to get some live rock from the sea but everyone told me not to do it... so I did not..

Urchins do a great job at grinding the rock as they remove the algae. The also can be cumbersome in the aquarium and tend to knock things over. The drawback is that if your aquarium is glass you have a silicone seal in the corners and the urchins will eventually cause some minor damage, and if plexiglass they will actually groove it slightly with their grinding to remove algae. They are wonderful animals and if you dont mind the complete removal of all surface items and clean grooves for new algae growth, then just research the type of urchin you are contemplating and make sure you can provide the right environment for it.

some urchins eat coral and are not reef safe. make sure you do your homework on which ones. Pencil urchins eat lots of stuff you want in your tank.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I just came back from scratching in the rock pools here. This is very I will harvest some stuff for my tank
Picture002.jpg

If want to set up a reef tank,You might want to think twice about that star.
Most stars are not reef safe.I dont know about those anemones either.I've never seen any like that.

Those are some unusual additions.Something we don't see very often around here.Make sure you have a tight fitting hood since octopuses are escape artists.

No guys thats not in my tank. Thats just some pics I took in the rock pools now while looking around for stuff to add

Reeffreak. A octopus thats size will most likely be able to crawl through less than 1 inch tubing. They can squeeze themself through a hole that is just bigger than their eye

Back