Friendly site

newreefinsc

Reefing newb
I just wanted to thank you guys. Many websites have a lot of elitist people who think that beginners are beneath them, and are quick to ridicule every mistake or question. There are many people on here who have tanks that are much larger with much more fancy equipment than mine, (Yote, Biff, Reeffreak, etc...), but everyone has been been very complimentary of my setup, and didn't jump all over me for my mistakes. I look forward to spending more time on this site. I know I've introduced myself, I was just hoping that some of the other newbies will see this thread.

thanks for me it is just that i was new to this hobby once also and got a lot of help from my lfs. i just want to see other people suceed and lean from my errors that i have made so that it may save an animal and animals in the ocean from having to many taken because the hobbiest can not keep them alive but they keep buying them

When you become an elitist,then your setting yourself up for a big crash.
And at times,I miss my old 30gal reef,and there wasnt anything fancy about it.Actually had a seaclone skimmer on it:D

I also remember being a rookie. I've learned so much since then. When I first started I knew nothing about coral. Now I can recognize most and know there needs. Believe me I've made a few mistakes along the way.

I would be mortified if any of you searched my old posts for when I was a noob and just joined this site many years ago! We were all beginners at one point. Everything I've learned, I've learned from Living Reefs, and I've made tons of mistakes myself. I'm really glad we don't have any "reef snobs" on this site that put others down.

I am 22 yrs old and my dad got me into this hobby 5 yrs ago. I have been in love with these tropical fish, i have never had a reef tank. Maybe some day. I actually took care of 2 tanks when i was 17. One 55g and a 30g, I am still learning though. I just found this site very informative!!!:D

dont be afraid to hang around and post even if you dont have your own tank. Your welcome here and you will learn tons for when you actually get your tank.

That's why I finally became a supporter.I wouldn't know what to do without this place.

I know Dustin wouldn't,he might have to go outside.

I dont even remember how I found this site but im sure glad I did. Everyone has helped me and such and I try to help people out as well.

Back