Frogspawn attacking Mushrooms????

Sammydog

Reefing newb
Watching my tank tonight and I noticed that my frogspawn had sent out one long arm and was attached to a mushroom a few inches away.

Now the lights are out the mushroom has shrunk (as it does each night) and thr frogspawn retracted, the one limb is still stuck to the frogspawn. I'm guessing this isn't good, any suggestions?

For what it's worth, both bits of coral did and still do look healthy and happy. I'll post pics in the morning.

Might want to try to relocate one of them. If the frogspawn is attacking it, it could kill it.

Frogspawns aren't generally too aggressive towards other corals, but possibly conditions aren't perfect for it, or it feels threatened.

That happens quiet a bit.
Frogspawns will put out those sweepers to keep other corals from over growing them.

+1,2 & 3

My frogspawn has done quite of bit of stinging in my tank. Luckily all of the corals that have been stung have since recovered. You'll be better off keeping your other corals a few inches away from that frogspawn.

i had my frogspawn too close to a green striped mushroom and the current blew the frogspawn into my shroom... in one day, the half the mushroom that was touching the frogspawn looked like it just melted away.

i separated them and now its all ok, but yea like all the above said, they can definitely do some damage

Back