Mushroom attachment?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
One of my Green stripped mushrooms bailed out of the large colony I have. I thought it found its own new spot, but it was floating around this morning. I grabbed it and placed it in a hole in one of my rocks. I don't have any super glue and a trip to any store is out for the next few days. It looks fine where it is and seems happy as it is fully inflated. (About the size of a nickle) If it doesn't get knocked off, how long before it attaches its self to the rock?

May depend on if it likes it's new location. Otherwise, it may keep trying to detach. If you have any netting, like the kind you find for onions, potatoes, etc, you can cut out a small piece to keep it in place until it does attach. May take a couple of days before it's "set".

We had a free floating mushroom before, placed it on a rock and wrapped 2 rubberbands (snug enough to hold it) around the rock and on opposite sides of the mushroom. Took 2 days and it was attached :)

+1 on rubberband

I save the little rubberbands that keep the bag closed when you buy fish/corals. they are small and thin... I have only used them a couple of times but have worked.

I guess the location was suitable. Its still in the rock where I put it and it looks like it has grown! Its about the size of a $.50 piece......if your remember those.

Back