frozen foods

lisamarie806

Reefing newb
I have been feeding my fish frozen foods, brime shrimp,blood worms. I would like to know if there are anyother foods that I should be feeding them. I would like to know how to feed them properly. I just get a little water out of my salt tank and cut a piece of the cube in half and let food break up in the tiny bit of water then pour it into the tank. Can someone help me with some really great frozen foods and what ever else they may need.
Thanks

i had heard the part about the nitrates, so whats the best way, put the cube in a fine strainer, run it under the tap till its all thawed and then dump the shrimps in the tank? I'm feeding a mix of brine and micus shrimps to the fish, and raw fish meat to the starfish and eel...

Everything in my tank goes crazy for Rod's Food.
Or I will use cubes of Marine Cuisine with some Coral Frenzy mixed in.

i had heard the part about the nitrates, so whats the best way, put the cube in a fine strainer, run it under the tap till its all thawed and then dump the shrimps in the tank?

I use a plastic bowl, pop the cube out and stick it in the fridge. The next day it is thawed so I just scoop up the "solids" and discard the liquid part.

I feed my fish a bunch of different kinds of foods! Some are frozen. I also feed them zooplankon. spirulina with a litte vita chem. But its your preference. Vita chem is a multi vitamin for the fish. I also feed them strips of vegis, i put on a clip. O also feed my foxface lettuce! Good luck!

My fish get frozen mysis,brine,blood worms,krill,and a few other things all mixed together.I thaw everything in a yogurt cup and feed with a couple of pinches with a pair twezzers.Then I put a lid on the cup and store it in the fridge.

Your tang will like emerald entree plus some dry seaweed sheets. I thaw the food in the fridge. Then I place it in a brine net rinse it with ro water get out as much liquid as I can then feed some to my fish. I do 4 days worth at a time.

I have one copperband, clown,1 yellow tail damsel,dispar anthias, yellow tang bangaii cardinal, purple chromis.

You will want frozen or freeze dried cyclopeeze and mysis for the anthias.The yellow tang(like someone else mentioned) will need some kind of veggie,seaweed sheets or frozen foods high in algae.The rest will do good with anything except the copperband.Difficult fish,how's it doing?My favorite is Rod's Food,it has just about everything in it plus it's even vitamin enhanced with Selcon.

Best of luck!

Back