Geisemann Teszla LED

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
So a couple of weeks ago I was the weekly winner of the bulk reef supply prize give away and I won this amazing LED light worth $499. Giesemann TESZLA LED Module - Bulk Reef Supply

As happy and surprised as I am to have won, I kind of feel like it was a mean gift. Its like winning 2 rims for your car. I now need to buy a second one at $499 and $120 worth of brackets to ever be able to use it.

What would you guys do, keep it and splurge on the other one and brackets or sell it?

I have always drooled at the LED's in the stores and would love to upgrade from my T5 set but not sure what to do. I can look at it like its half off my dream set up or 500 bucks I can use somewhere else.

I like wasting money and would use that as an excuse to get the other side, so the new one dont go to waste. Or you could sell it and get a LED setup thats not so much or some other peice for your setup. Just my two cents.

As happy and surprised as I am to have won, I kind of feel like it was a mean gift. Its like winning 2 rims for your car. I now need to buy a second one at $499 and $120 worth of brackets to ever be able to use it.

LOL. I know exactly what you are saying. One year my dad had frequent flier miles that were going to expire. So he used his miles to buy my ex husband and I a trip to Costa Rica for Christmas. Except we had to pay for the hotel, bus fare, local airfare (to get to the resort), meals and activities... That "gift" (that cost him nothing, and he was going to lose the miles anyways unless he used them) ended up costing us over $2000. :grumble: :lol: Ah well it was a great trip and we never would have gone otherwise!

If I were you, I'd set up a second (small) tank to use that light.

Biff I thought about that but I am going up to a 75 in 2 weeks when we move and Brian would murder me if I tried to set up another tank LOL I went from 3 to 1 to now a bigger 1.

I think I want to keep the light and sell my 55g tank and the T5 set and use that towards the second LED

Just a follow up I finally bought a second pendant and got them hung yesterday.

I have them about 15" high right now and will slowly lower them as the corals adjust. I need to think of a clever way to disguise the power cords and skimmer and then I think it will look better.

MuF5HId.jpg

q3cqjQC.jpg

Back