gfo, carbon, phosban, and bio pellet reactors.

buddy08

SPS Addict
about to order something.... having a buying impulse. need input as to which i should add to my tank. water pars are
8.2 ph
1.025 salinity
440 calc
9dkh alk
nitrates 0
nitrites 0
not sure about magnesium, about to order the kit now with this order.

basically, which reactors would do good with my 75g based on my water pars. i know ive asked here before but never got a definite answer. i dont know the difference in those and havent a clue which each one of them does other than carbon removes impurities and keeps the water clear/odorless.. thats about it, when i go to research the other reactors, all i come up with is websites selling them, or forums of people asking which brands to buy... not anything informative.. please help, am buying something within this hour.:^:

yall are slow... bought a reef octopus br-110 combo pack from BRS. Hopefully i made a wise decision. went with the "you get what you pay for"... and it was the most expensive so that made enough since.. i did find that gfo and bio pellets are similar in that they both lower phosphates and promote better water quality.... but i also read that bio pellets also lower nitrates which is even better. as for carbon, i guess ill order one of those another time.

Basically you can run any of that media in the reactor of your choice. If it was me I would look at the 2 little fishies 150 reactor for that size tank. You will also need a pump to drive it, maybe the Maxijet 1200

horror stories usually because people just put the entire bag of pellet into the reactor. The amount of bacteria just bloom and either make the entire tank cloudy or more seriously, sucked out all the oxygen from the tank and suffocating everything. The way to use it suppose to ramp up the amount little by little to make sure the amount of bacteria balance out from what's in the tank.

What I did, I put 25% of what I thought I would need, and then I wait about 1-2 weeks and put in another 25%, etc. It's very similar to adding fish into a new tank. just need to do it gradually.

Just make sure you add what is needed for your bio load, not necessarily your water volume. You may find that you also need to feed more to increase your bio load as well.

Ah. lol.

Yea, for a normal system, I don't really see the need for biopellet. It's similar to volka dosing. It would easy to overdose if one doesn't start it properly.

Back