Glass Box O' Water

OK MACNA is done and things have changed a bit in my tank. After some deep thought, and a trip to the LFS I have decided to go a different route with my tank. Many things have been removed and many things added. I have cut my fish load to only 3 and eventually it will be a total of 4. Right now I have my YWG , and I just added a pair of Black Leopard Wrasse.

Yes you read that right 2 Leopard wrasse in a 33g tank.

BEFORE YOU ALL DOG PILE ON ME

both fish are barely an inch long , they have been together for over 2 months and show no signs of aggression towards each other so far. My LFS has had them in a QT tank for a period of about 2.5 months with a large pod population and both fish ARE eating frozen food. They will completely leave the rocks and accept PE mysis and Rods Food without an issue. I still have my 90 and my 105 so as they grow I do have other tank options . Eventually my YWG will be going into my friends tank and I will be adding a pair of pearly jawfish but that will be sometime in the spring. The Leopards are extremely hard to get pics of but here is a quick iPhone pic for now.

photo4.jpg

I can take pichers of my free swag if that helps your neediness. :mrgreen:

To be quite honest there wasnt much to take pics of . Many of the coral for sale looked like crap , much of it was bleached out or placed under soooooo much blue LED's that you couldnt get a true idea of what it really looked like . There were only about 4-5 vendors that I would have bought from and 2 of them were local stores.

Paul Whitby @ highdefcorals always has good stuff
Jason Fox had some nice stuff
Reef Koi had good stuff as well but didnt have his Red Planet that I really wanted

Route66 had a really nice rainbow acan that i looked at on friday, but when I went back Sat. & Sun. it was receeded really bad and kind of scared me away.

Tropic Marin has a really cool expanding water jugs for the nano peeps, it holds 2.64g and comes pre-loaded with the proper amount of salt for your first mixture. They will be releasing pre-measured packets made just for this, but I use the Aquavitro salinity so I will just measure my own.

Also I got to meet Tony Vargas and Julian Sprung (awsome guys) Tony signed my book for me.

Also met Jean-Michel Cousteau, he was the keynote speaker, probably the nicest person I have ever met. He was impressed to see how the hobby is improving the ability to captive breed the animals we all like to collect.

It was a lot of fun, and recommend going if you ever have the chance.

Last edited:
Ok , after long term algae battles, a few losses, and TONS of water changes I think I may be getting back on track.

Here is my latest addition :
pb4.jpg

And a few other quick pics that i snagged with my phone

pb5.jpg

makin babies :^:
pb2.jpeg

pb3.jpg

pb1.jpeg

Back