Glory Be! I finally caught the yellow clown goby!

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
Now he's living in the all-you-can-eat pod buffet that is my 'fuge. As a result 3 days later, ALL my SPS are showcasing huge improvements in polyp extension. :D
ORA Borealis: (the color in the pic does no justice, this one is absolutely stunning in person)
Borealis11-26-08.JPG

BorealisStuberstag11-26-08.JPG

Here's a pink polyp monti cap I picked up from a local reefer last week:
pinkcap11-26-08.JPG

That's the pink polyp montipora. I love montis! The colony this came from was originally this size, and in this guys tank after 2 years is now probably at least 8 or 9" across and 5" tall.

Yeah it was the worst $4 I ever spent on my tank. For 6 weeks I've tried to get him, then on Sunday I was just staring at the tank, when I noticed he was sitting on top of the magnet glass cleaner in the top corner. I grabbed my net, slowly moved it toward him, he panicked, froze, and that was it. Now, I just need to nab my maroon clown while he sleeps in the RBTA. Twice now I've come SOOOOOO close doing pitch black 2am fishnapping runs, but the damn thing is just too smart.

Yeah the clown is definitely "loving to death" on the RBTA. He's just too smart to be caught for the time being.

Is your anemone attached to a smaller sized rock? Could you clean out a ice cream sized bucket and put the rock with the anemone in there. When the clown gets in the anemone lift the bucket straight out of the water. If your clown is anything like mine they go straight the the anemone when they get scared.

Didn't work yet. I'll keep trying for a couple more days, then maybe look for something different. I think my best bet still is catching him at 2am while he's sleeping in it.

Back