Good Morning

Sounds like I will be firing up my scrubber and water changing bucket when I get home.... I feel like the guy from The Mask when he walked into the garage that had been screwing him over... "Hold onto your lugnuts boys, it's time for an OVERHAUL!!" I do want to get some pics up so I can identify my little buddies...

So here is a photo of the tank and most of the culprits are in there... Would like to know about the kinds of fish (granted I can get close ups of them) How much more rock I should have.. etc...etc... This is the day after I got it home and the first Scrubbing.... I had to scrub on it for hours to get the glass clean, but now the algae is coming back... as you can see I need your help ;)
NP9mh.jpg

I want to see your little buddies also :D
EDIT: We posted at the same time! LOL I see a chromis, and either a blue chromis or a blue damsel or both.

the back end of the another orange fish is another smaller clown.... The "purple/pink" one I will try to get another pic of.... So about the rock, how much more do you believe is needed. Seems like nothing compared to a nice established tank...

I could see it being the Purple Dottyback, before the other. I will try to coax her out when I get home... and will add more rock to my list of gets...

The purple fish looks alot like a bicolor pseudochromis. Just by the lighter pink coloring I can see. I could very well be completely wrong though.

I am really liking the Koralia powerheads I have. You definitely need powerheads in a reef tank. You want them the push about 30x your water volume. For a 35G tank, that's 1050 GPH. A lot of people like to do two or three smaller ones as opposed to one big one.

EDIT: In before that's what she said :P

Really, let us have some fun too ;). I will look into those, scrubbing seamed to help out, now I just need to keep up on water changes.

Last edited:
In order to replace my air filter wont I need special type of head, or is any really ok as long as the gph's are higher? Also because I have a tall octogon, what would be a good placement on that so I don't create a tornado simulator?

Back