Good Morning

heck no, they really just screw with the pH and then cause salt creep. Instead get yourself some good powerheads. That will get the water moving and cause better oxygenation than an air stone will.

Can I just shut that off until I get my powerheads in the next couple of days? I want to get rid of that thing, talk about noisy! Above though I asked about suggested placement of the powerheads... Since I have a octogon that is tall, I don't want a wind turbine...

You can turn it off as long as there is something to move the water. And for the powerheads, you want to make sure one is pointed at the surface so you have a good ripple up there. And then you can point the other one at a rock or tank wall to break up the flow. Or you can point two powerheads at each other to get some interesting currents.

You guys and gals are amazing help.... I do appreciate it all and look forward to chatting with all of you... Just thought I would get the sappiness out of the way...

I do have a canister (I know not recommended or needed) that is creating some good movement from the outflow (which the fishies enjoy to play with)... Do you think that would negate the air pump..

Have u been checking out powerheads yet? Hydor Koralia is a good brand. You could still use the canister with rubble rock in it for extra bio filtration.

I peaked at Amazon, but want to give my local shop a shot before I go online, but I refuse to go into a PetCo or PetSmart, they are gougers in this area.... I will have to take a peak and see how much those are... I just have carbon in mine right now, but rubble rock is that a specific type of media or slang for something else, because I could put that on my top tray, then have carbon on the middle and keep the bottom open... hmmm ;)

Rubble rock is just small piece of live rock that broke off. If you need more rock for you tank you should check out Marcorocks.com they have great rock at reasonable prices. I think they have rubble rock too.

I tried to get a better pic of my Pinkish/Purple fish this morning, but everytime she would go and hide... Hopefully I can snap one when they are eating ...

Yeah my fish don't like to cooperate when I try to take pics too. You should get a couple of shots of your tank and start a thread in the Tank Showcase section that way we could follow the process and offer help along the way as needed.

I did imgur, yesterday and that was a nightmare. Just started the thread over there and used the attachment tool on here.. worked a lot better...

Hydor Koralia 1050 on amazon for $40?? That's probably pretty good. Also check out Live Aquaria, MarineDepot and Bulk Reef Supply.

Back