Gpw

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
So Ive noticed yet another nuisance algae in my tank. All I have ever heard of it being called is Green Penis Weed. Ill keep it to GPW for those little ears and eyes around. All I know about the stuff is that its a calcium based algae. Anyone know of any way to combat this stuff? UGHHHHHH algae is really getting to me!!!!!!!

do you see any testicles in that algae? if so, do a 20% water change and remove as much of it as you can. lol JK i have no idea

For Realz Yo(Did I just type that...YUCK!)

Frags013.jpg

Frags014.jpg

Dude If I could find some jayjay weed I would procreate like crazy! But then their would be fights at the bars and oh god a tank full of that time of the month. Skimmer would go crazy.

But seriously now that you know that IM not goofing around anyone every have this stuff or know how to get rid of it?

Dude If I could find some jayjay weed I would procreate like crazy! But then their would be fights at the bars and oh god a tank full of that time of the month. Skimmer would go crazy.

But seriously now that you know that IM not goofing around anyone every have this stuff or know how to get rid of it?

i have never seen it and google doesnt seem to have any results for green penis weed that have anything to do with marine aquariums

Neomeris Annulata is its scientific name and apparently nothing eats it due to it being calcium based like halimeda. According to Mr. Levenson it should go away in a couple of months on its own.

Can you try removing it by hand, or does it stick to the rock or break apart? I mean, that is if you don't mind handling the green penis weed...

I just finished battling "Green Testicular Weed" a few weeks ago. I got a Blond Naso Tang and it handled the GTW really nice.

ryan, i had that stuff in my 80 from what i read i believe it is actually calcium driven and they typically die off pretty fast. i would let it run its course i wouldnt imagine it will be around for long. mine were not

Back