growth rates

MamaJones

proud reefer!
I'm just wondering how fast some of the fish I have should grow.

I have an anthia, clownfish, goby, 6line, 2 green chromis.

The Nemo has grown a lot since we got him in April...I'd guess he has almost doubled. The 6line has gotten plumper, too. And both chromis were teeny when we bought them and have grown a little as well.

But, the two fish we've had the longest: Dispar Anthia and the orange spot prawn goby have not noticeably grown (as far as I can tell). So, I was wondering if these species just grow slower or are not getting enough to eat in our 90 gal. tank.

from the experience i have with the fish you listed are only with the clown and chromis, and to me it seems that clowns grow pretty fast and chromis are relatively slow growers

on a side note look who is about to cross the 2000 post mark

chromis grow as fast as oak trees...ssssslllllooooowwwwww...

i was actually wondering how long it will take my hippo tang to get some size to her

You will know if you are not feeding them enought.Look at there belly-are they sunken in or are the fish very thin.Anthias have short lives usually 3-4 years for most,realistically even less in captivity.It's a good possibility the an thias and goby are fully grown is why you haven't seen any growth.

Back