Gurgling sound?!!?!?!?

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Posted this in my build thread but noone answered in there, thought I would try here...

Question, one of my return lines sounds like there is air trapped in it, kind of a gurgling sound,water trickling, how can I get it to stop making that noise?

Also in the same return line, every so often a blast of micro bubbles comes out of the diverter. Is that from the sump or just the same trapped air I asked about earlier?

Btw, almost no micro bubbles in the return area of the sump, fiddled with the sponge down there a bit and they stopped flowing over all together.

Some times air bubbles will get trapped in the return line.
Mines does it every time I cut the pump off.A pain,But I have yet to figure out how to stop it,or get the air out.

Thanks guys, will just mess with it a bit, did your trick of plugging one side to force the pressure out the other, the micro bubbles stopped, the gurgling, water trickling sound is still there though, not as bad, but still there....

Didnt end up goind with a stand pipe, did something a lil different...

Used a piece of something like this.... in plastic pvc, capped it

tube2400.jpg

Filled the area with bio-balls ( i know, noone uses bio-balls, they are nitrate factories) but I have a future plan for the overflow still in design...And a standpipe wont work for me... As it stands now the overflow is completely silent, no splashing or toilet flushing sounds...I put a layer of filterfloss on top to even the flow over all the entire overflow, will take a pic in a sec...

Back