had water tested today.....

Rich

Reefing newb
My reef supply guy, says all perfect and I should put 2 fish in my tank. What fish to put in is the question....
Theres not much growing in the way of corals, lots of little bugs, turtle grass, have 50 snails, 1 retarded hermit crab that never moves. Killed all my aiptasia with kalkwassa, just fond a tieeny brown tube with neaon green feather like things sticking out. But what should i put in it for fishes? What will I feed them,and do i have to hand feed them for detrius problems?
PICT0010.JPG

PICT0002_662458.JPG

To many options for what to put.For a 30 maybe a couple of clowns,six line wrasse,pigmy angels(some will pick ar corals though,but not always)dotty backs,royal grama,types of dartfish,blennies and gobies.Maybe a small yellow tang,but you will have to swap it out when it outgrows your tank.The list go on.Try live aquaria for a good list of fish and there needs.Try to stay away from damsels though.Territorial headache.Most fish like a verity of food types.algae flake,omnivore pellets(I use spectrum),live brine,frozen cubes,and some like to blend there own variety of fresh sea life and then freeze or feed it right away.

I would recommend starting with 2 small blue/green chromis. cheap and will tell ya if you are doing ok. you need to buy a book on fish and read up on each animal you plan to add to make sure you can meet their needs. one very good book is MARINE FISHES by Scott W. Michael ISBN 1-890087-38-6
Published by Microcosm Ltd. Shelburne., VT 05482. good luck

Back