Heat watts and flow

kbuser92

Breeder
I know there's no basic answer, but I'm in the market for a heater for my 20 gallon. Ambient temp is 68-71° depending on the day. What are some opinions on how many watts? I do plan on keeping a 50w in there just in case...

Second is flow. I'm going with a Koralia 240 Nano, just wondering if I should get 2? I'll probably start at back center towards the side glass.

I know there's no basic answer, but I'm in the market for a heater for my 20 gallon. Ambient temp is 68-71° depending on the day. What are some opinions on how many watts? I do plan on keeping a 50w in there just in case...

Second is flow. I'm going with a Koralia 240 Nano, just wondering if I should get 2? I'll probably start at back center towards the side glass.

In a 20g you can easily get away with a single 100w heater. As for the power heads I'd go with two, the amount of water they actually move is pretty small.

i have a pair of 250 watt heaters in a 50 g with a 29g sump

That's way over kill for a tank your size.

it my seem like over kill but i look at it the same way most people look at skimmers a little over size plus my temp holds steady and if i loose on im covered

Heaters are the only thing I'll never go big on. They are the most common piece of equipment to fail and 90% of the time when they do the thermostat gets stuck in the on position.

Back