Hello (belated)

tav397

Reefing newb
Hello! I've already received some great advice elsewhere on the forum but thought I should introduce myself properly. Been keeping fish (tropical and cold water) for years and made the bold, interesting but hopefully not foolish jump into the marine world. One thing that has struck me is that with tropical tanks you can get a pretty comprehensive knowledge of what is going on; but with marine there seem to be a lot more potential surprises lurking around each corner..! So far the new tank (resun dms400t5) has been running a bit over four months and everything seems very stable (although I will be gradually removing the bio balls over the coming weeks). It has four t5s and I've been able to get a skimmer in the back compartments running by putting some laminate over the lower intake slits which drops the level in the back enough. Stock is currently one clown, a red spot blenny, cleaner shrimp, one red leg hermit, (as far as I can tell) two turbos and a green hairy mushroom. Aim is to do things slowly but cultivate a coral paradise, with maybe one more small swimming addition.
Anyhow, thanks for the advice already given and in advance for any more you can help me with! D.
F1029D41-F790-453E-BB7A-90EC6F3FFDD5-1966-000002E803133202_zps59039338.jpg

Back