Hello from Louisiana

bigjay

Reefing newb
Hi, my name is Jay. I live in louisiana, and have been in this hobby for around 27 years. i started keeping marine tanks about 2 and a half years ago. I started out with a fowlr and slowly am graduating to a reef( nice so far, but I want to build it up alot more.). I learned with freshwater that patience is the key, fresh or marine. I always tell people getting into this hobby, if you rush, you'll trip on your own feet. I am by no means an expert, but what knowledge I've learned so far I love to share. Here is my tanks
1308690314780-1.jpg
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y364/bigjay00/1308690314780.jpg
1309099394608-1.jpg

howdy and welcome to the site..:D
I too learned on fresh water about 25 yrs with them and brought me into marine also..
patience is the key which I have always hated but learned to deal with in this hobby..(Doesnt mean I have to like it)...:grumble:

Thanks, I will try to post more pics later.I tried to insert image, but it would not put them in. Is there a particular way to do it? Thanks again, I look forward to many conversations with you all.:D

The best way to insert images is to upload them to a place like photobucket and then click the button that looks like a picture, and paste in the direct link

the few aiptasia you saw in the last sw pic bit hte dust(aiptasia x). a few here and there, but gone for the most part, keep them in check with that stuff.

could also try throwing in a few peppermint shrimp and see if they can keep them in check for you ..:D sometimes they will sometimes they wont but not a bad addition to the tank either way..

Thanks, I have a few more pics, I'll post them soon. I'm fixing to set up a 7gl pico reef soon, I'll post pics of the progress. I'm glad to be here:D

Back