Hello

sisu99

Reefing newb
:mrgreen: Hi, I am a novice at saltwater aquariums, and have a 55g at home. It has been up for two years. It's been wonderful. I got in over my head however, when I went to our schools PTA, and found out they were going to get rid of their tank. It is very large and has not been doing well scince a power outage three years ago. They are paying acompany too much money to maintain it and I volunteered to help it survive and save some money fo rthe PTA. I need help. The water is good and it has alot of live rock. A Blue tang, Tomato clown and percula clown. There is also a shrimp in it, but I haven't really seen it. I need some advice on where to start. All lights, filters and pumps are adaquate.
Thank you

Hello and welcome.

If you could post a tread with tank size, filters, lighting, water parameters for alkalinity, calcium, ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, temperature, and salinity is it fish only or reef and what exactly your trying to accomplish we will be better at helping you.

If you don't have the test kits listed above getting those should be your first step.

Brandon

In the helpful articles forum there are several articles dealing with unknowns that will help you get a starting point. process of elimination. it is not possible to help you unless we know exactly what the problem is or preceived to be, a complete break down of tank size, contents and equipment, the maintenance schedule, what is done with what equipment, water parameters, salt used, and anything else not mentioned. (for starters.) with a lot of information on the system, a better opinion can be developed. so, visit the articles section and see if something there helps. good luck keep us posted. I would try to help with a bit more information.

Back