HELP! Whats wrong with my Clown?

Aquatic Pet

Reefing newb
I have been posting about my clown acting strange and today i got a video posted of it. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

dennyc716's Channel - YouTube

The tank conditions are good, no issues there. The other fish is doing fine? The first day i got the pair, she was very active then slowly began to just lay on the bottom. She is eating and will move if you go up to the tank but otherwise, she just lays down on the bottom.

Any thoughts???

Did you turn off the flow for the video? Could be something with its swim bladder, too.

Oh post your params anyway -- ph, temp, etc

ya looks like ammonia burned his gills to me im affraid to say:( id double check for ammonia and nitrite,what kind of tests are you using the strips are highly inaccurate

lotta things could be causing that.And as hard as we might try,there is no way we can see everything that could effect the fish.

Yesterday, I read alot on here and started looking deeper in to it. I made sure to retest all my water and it was fine. I use the droppers not the strips. So i changed my flow of the powerheads and basically put the flow stronger in the middle instead of at the top. I also added Kents Garlic Extreme to the water and mid afternoon, she started swimming all around. She ate good at 5pm and since then, has been swimming all around. This morning when i woke up, they were still spooning under their lil cave.... LOL.....but as soon as i turned on my first light, they both came up to the top and are still swiming all around. Not sure if it was the powerheads, garlic or combo of both, but she seems alot better.

Back