Hey again

thesnowflakeclown

Reefing newb
Hello guys. So i am known for small tanks. But lately, ive been looking to move. I am 12 years old. I live in an apartment. And i'm moving to a house soon. My father is a FREAK for saltwater aquariums! So hes dedicating a room to a big 200 gallon long aquarium. Im looking torwards a predator tank. Foxfaces, Eels, Lionfish, Puffers, Sharks, And stingrays always fascinated me. Plus, My lfs had 2 bandit shark eggs that just hatched! So if you have any ideas, Inform me

+1 Cathic....my foxface is the biggest wuss in my tank, but should hold their own in aggressive tanks due to their poisonous quills. Rays need at least 500g, and I really wouldn't do sharks because of all the space they need, they'll probably knock your rocks down just swimming past it.

Some of those fish require large, open areas of sand. And some of those fish require rockwork. You will have to decide which direction you want to go in -- it won't be large enough for both.

A tank that size will be great for predators, though.

Honestly, a 200g long aquarium is probably only 6ft long - not really big enough for sharks and stingrays. If you are serious about a predator tank you might be able to do a lionfish, puffer, and 1 eel in there, but not sure I'd do more than that - honestly makes for a kind of boring tank, why not go for a nice reef instead? Besides, since you're 12, I think you should consult your father on what his ideas for the tank are as I assume he will be the one paying for it.....

Back