Hey

whitney

Reefing newb
Hello everyone.:D I am new to the saltwater scene i've had mine up and running for about 5mos. I bought my setup used. I have a glass 55 predrilled tank. It has about 70lbs of live rock and crushed coral. My livestock consists of about 10 hermit crabs, a turbo snail, a couple other snails,orange clownfish, clarki clowfish, eel(i think black snd yellow), hawaiian angelfish. goby, 2 yellow tail damsels. striped damsel, blue damsel, scotter blenny, and a blue and yellow fish?., a purple tiped anenome, green polyps.. some plants idk what kind.
My light has 4 day bulbs 4 night bulbs.. I am unsure of what type..Any info and advice is greatly appreciated!!!! I `will put pics up later...

No, I added them all. I bought the tank with hardware crushed coral and 5lbs live rock. Then recently i bought another one for the livestock.

Welcome.

Any info on the lights would be great. Also how long have you had the anemone in your tank?

They require a high amount of light and a mature/stable tank.

It has 2 dual actanic bulbs and 2 dual day light bulbs. It is called a Current. I bought it used. It has a new ballast in it it came with extra bulbs they say 65watt 420nm& 460nm dual actinic ..... I have had the anenome for about 3mos. It shrinks down at night. Then expands back out in the day..

Whats up Whitney. Post some pics of the tank as soon as you can. Sounds like you got alot goin on in that 55. Welcome to the site.

Hey whitney. Welcome to the site. Post up some pics PLEASE. Good luck with your nem. As others said, they need a mature and stable tank with intense lighting. You are taking a risk by keeping it, but if you have had it for 3 mos and it's healthy then you might be ok. Just keep a close eye on it. When they die they release toxins into the water that will likely wipe out your whole tank. As they near death, they start to fall apart so that you can't pull it out of the water. I hope you never have to experience what I am describing.

I tried to post pics. i dont kow how to get them on the page. i put some in my album and they are not showing up.

My anenome- in the morning he is shrunk down in size and is a darker color. At the end of the day he is very big and pretty!!! So i dont know how healthy he is but i guess he is ok..

Did you try to post pics using Photobucket? That's the easiest way. Upload them to your Photobucket account, then copy and paste the

Hi Whitney,
Nice pictures. Your tank looks like it's doing good; you must be doing something right! Most don't do this well in just 5 months.

Back