Hey

Nevek

Reefing newb
Hey guys I'm Keven!

uhh started with freshwater when I was about 15, 8 years later I made the jump to saltwater, I haven't had a set up for about a year now (just bought a house blah blah) anyway I just came into possession of a 100 gal (I think)

4ft x 18in x 18in its around 100 anyway, slowing going to get things rolling.

anyway cheers!

Welcome to the site, I also joined not to long ago. The members here are great and will answer any questions you have, or they will give you opinions! Great site!

Ya I found a volume calculator a bit after I posted,

oh well bigger then the first, just not sure my plans for it yet,

I'm kind of pissed I thought I had a larger canister filter but my memory served me wrong its only the Fluval 204, Anyone know of any good stores other then big al's in the Brampton/Mississauga area?

It's a 67 gal. A great tank. The 75s are too high for me and love a shallower tank. Will make a great reef.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site.
Forget the canister and build a sump for that tank.Your wallet and fish will tank you later:D

I don't think I can do a sump with this tank, Don't you need an overflow, I've only ever kept Fish and LR never really delved into corals/sumps algae skimmers and the like

You can put a sump under just about any tank.Yeah,you'll need an overflow.But you buy those,or just drill the tank.
The thing is,a sump makes it easier to keep the water quality up where a canister makes it tougher.Plus with a sump,you can get the heater and skimmer out of the display.

Back