Hibye's PT Build!

Fish are just going up mainly because of gas :( there is severaly ways to make cheaper gas, hydrogen is one of the more expensive but good idea, co2 would be the best beacuse they have air powered cars but it doesnt last long but co2 would be perfect cause it is so easy and cheap to make and last way longer than air.(i know this because i have pest control cor bb/pellet pistols.). But the only problem with this is that the "global warming thoery" would turn it down but i think scientist could just put a tube from the exust and recycle it and it would equal free gas. Lso my dad told me that there is a lot of coal in the USA and u could turn it into oil which they can turn it into gas which would be the safest and cheapest way but America doesnt want to do it for the upcomin global warming tax :(
P.s i wouldnt think that putting a tax for global warming is silly beacuase our country probaly puts out way way less co2 than other countrys like china,taiwn,russia,etc. Also remember that if there is a carbon tax gas,soda,beer,and wine will be even more money; not that i buy gas or beer now but i do drink sprite and other sodas.

ALso correct me if i am wrong on any of these things because i am only a 12 and dont have all facts right.

Fish are just going up mainly because of gas :( there is severaly ways to make cheaper gas, hydrogen is one of the more expensive but good idea, co2 would be the best beacuse they have air powered cars but it doesnt last long but co2 would be perfect cause it is so easy and cheap to make and last way longer than air.(i know this because i have pest control cor bb/pellet pistols.). But the only problem with this is that the "global warming thoery" would turn it down but i think scientist could just put a tube from the exust and recycle it and it would equal free gas. Lso my dad told me that there is a lot of coal in the USA and u could turn it into oil which they can turn it into gas which would be the safest and cheapest way but America doesnt want to do it for the upcomin global warming tax :(
P.s i wouldnt think that putting a tax for global warming is silly beacuase our country probaly puts out way way less co2 than other countrys like china,taiwn,russia,etc. Also remember that if there is a carbon tax gas,soda,beer,and wine will be even more money; not that i buy gas or beer now but i do drink sprite and other sodas.

ALso correct me if i am wrong on any of these things because i am only a 12 and dont have all facts right.

I don't know about the coral to oil. I'm pretty sure we can't do it, or it's way to expensive. Coal is one of the stages of the process of how oil is made I believe, it takes hundres of millions of years to make

CO2 can't propel cars, it just isn't a very usable idea if you think about it, accelerating would be a pair and you would have to have a ton of CO2 to go a decent distance. It wouldn't be cheap.

The US is putting out some of the most pollution in the world. I'm not sure if we're first or second. The other is China, who will an exploding population will soon pass us. It's not their fault alone though, they are just starting to use it in great amounts, we have been for almost a hundred years.

Also a thing to note, no scientest who is not affiliated with a gas company or some other auto industry part it going to turn down a better solution. The reason that we don't have a new source of energy is simple, Oil Companies. They make hundreds of millions and they have a ton of power, a classic example is "who killed the electric car" I think it's called. It's a Michael Moore film, and although he is partially biast I believe is general story. There was a totally electric car quite a while ago, and the oil companies torpedoed it.

When gas is really running out they will come out with some miracle new car, trust me.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the Gasahol craze of the late 80s early 90s that was ethanol 20 years ago! Farmers were just making corn alcohol and selling it from their driveway. I know that ethanol isnt a viable long term answer but the technology surely isnt a new idea.

we cant use ethanol because that causes a waste of corn which is used to eat and feed to other live stock which then if they have less feed drives feed priced up which in turn drives beef, turkey, egg, chicken and all other shorts of foods up in price. hydrogen is the way to go IMO itll be a little more expensive in the short term since they have to pay for it but once it gets up and going like it is in claifornia it will be best to replace gas

It costs more to grow the corn to make ethanol than it saves. Fertilizers are made in giant factories -- using electricity from fossil fuels. The land is tilled and corn crops are maintained by machinery -- powered by fossil fuels. The corn is transported to facilities to turn it into a biofuel -- in trucks run by fossil fuels. The plants that turn it into a biofuel are powered -- by fossil fuels. Several studies have been done on the costs of producing ethanol from corn, and the BEST estimate is that it takes four times as much energy to make ethanol than the energy the ethanol produces. Very few scientists believe ethanol is an option, but the agricultural lobbyists are very strong in this country, and ethanol would make farmers rich, so they try to push this impractical option through.

i believe i read somewhere that it takes on average 50 acres to produce one barrel of biodiesel, if thats true it's sad. I listened to a podcast about a company just getting ready to go into the comercial stage that can produce a good amount of biodiesel in a fair amount of time with some sort of bacteria used to break down most of the garbage that is going into the landfills these days. interesting to see if thats true and where it goes from there. i'll have to go back and listen to it again to get exact numbers.

a lot of people make their own bio diesel in in the grarage for old cooking oil from restraunts. the other thing is we do not have even enough lad in the us to grow corn to supply our demand for fuel

yea Bio-Diesel as of right now isn't great because you need so much fuel, there isn't near enough for all the cars in the US, still think hydrogen

we cant use ethanol because that causes a waste of corn which is used to eat and feed to other live stock which then if they have less feed drives feed priced up which in turn drives beef, turkey, egg, chicken and all other shorts of foods up in price. hydrogen is the way to go IMO itll be a little more expensive in the short term since they have to pay for it but once it gets up and going like it is in claifornia it will be best to replace gas

UR right fishfan becuase corn id in almost every food

Egh, don't get me started on ethanol...or on policy at all, really...

I'm seriously considering running for a city commissioner position here in Tallahassee in the next couple of years simply because I'm so disenchanted with ridiculous energy policy. It all ends up hurting the non-wealthy right in the wallet...even hybrids, but that's another rant (no...I'm not a wannabe oil baron, but I also want to see an AFFORDABLE technology that the average person can get his or her hands on).

Speaking of careers...I'm an archaeologist, and you wouldn't think it, but the market is saturated. I have a Masters in Anthropology and make less than 30k working for the National Park Service, and that's actually a fair bit better than most MAs working in the private sector. I'm a PhD candidate...but that doesn't really mean much until I can convince the National Science Foundation to hit me with some coin.

BUT...the point of this thread is to say...cool tank man. I like how it's looking. Projects with dads are fun; my old man and I bonded over freshwater tanks when I was about your age (fifteen years ago...I'm gettin' old).

I'm all about the Lions myself...just a suggestion...heheheh.

Never really heard of them. If that is the style of powerhead you want, I would go with Maxi-Jets and modify them. THey are a proven pump. IMO I would just get a couple of Korillia 3s

Back