hiding

VPOOL13

noob at best
I just bought a midnight dwarf angel yesterday. I haven't seen him come out of the rock for more than a few second's. is there anything i can do to help him not be so shy? Even when i approach the tank he just goes and hides. Which is a total bummer.:grumble:
and yes the yellow tang i have is somewhat of a bully towards him.

normally new fish will hide...it took me several weeks before i could get the magnificent foxface to eat out of my hands...it does take patients, they are in an area they are not familiar with and are scared

having a fish picking on the little guy does not help. I know for my sister had to rearrange her rocks forcing all her fish to reestablish territories, which stopped the fighting. everyone has their own methods ^^ most of the time it just takes patients

For my fish, my foxface would constantly pick on my lionfish (they are actually very gentle creatures, unless of course ya fit in their mouth) than one day I found my foxface in the corner all different colours and the next day they were best of friends (not sure if the lionfish stung her or just attacked her)

you can always hold food soaked in garlic guard near the hiding spot...sometimes the smell of food will over come their fear...it is worth a try :D

Not that unusual with a dwarf Angle. Mine hid for about a week but did come out during feeding time. She is a bit of a bully to new fish now. Small rearrangements and a mirror calm her down. Just give it some time and it will be just fine as long as its not being beat up too bad.

Not that unusual with a dwarf Angle. Mine hid for about a week but did come out during feeding time. She is a bit of a bully to new fish now. Small rearrangements and a mirror calm her down. Just give it some time and it will be just fine as long as its not being beat up too bad.

a mirror??

thats what i was asking?
thanks again I feed the two others fish (clown, yellow tang) and she came out and then the tang noticed and chased her back in the rocks. The tang doesn't harm her i'm more worried about stress.

It has taken 3-4 days before my fish have come out of hiding when first introduced to a tank, and probably a good two weeks before they really "own" the tank. Give her time :)

Please tell me you do not have the yellow tang in the 45 gallon tank in your profile... if there is aggression there do not expect it to get better, that is a tiny, tiny tank for that tang

Yikes, I totally missed that you have a yellow tang in a 45! They need a 90g at minimum, and some people even think a 90 is too small for them. Your tang won't survive in your 45 (I am very sorry to say), and will likely become a big bully due to stress :(

Back