hitch for my clam

lilduud

Reefing newb
so i dont want to go buy one of those flat discs for clams to mount himself to and when i was walking my dogs on the beach i found a few flat disc like rocks that i believe would suffice... if i boil these im assuming they will be ok?
they are very smooth though is that alright for him to attach to?

What kind of rock? Some rocks can leech heavy metals into the water. Others will be fine.

I just put my clam on a piece of LR that had a flatish side and proped him there until he attached.

It's no particular type just one of the thousands of rocks that wash up in socal. It's the smooth sand beaten kind and its greyish green if that gives any hint to it's composition.

haha alright... just dont feel like venturing to my lfs to get him a disc.. how long can he go without being attached? hes not getting knocked over anymore... but i think hes attaching himself to a big piece of lr
how long does it take them to attach?

they might be attached to the glass on the bottom of the tank.

I have mine up on my rock work since I dont have MH lights and only t5's with individual reflectors. I let him attach to a rock then moved the rock to where I wanted it.

ooooo good cal on the tile thank you!
i have like a toooonnnn of tile on the side of my house ill be sure to clean the hell out of it first though!
although he has turned himself around and his foot is pointing to the liverock so i hope he has already attached.. hes barely touching it from the side but i cant see if his foot is attached.

Back