hmmm time to clean?

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I took a chance peek at the back of my tank and saw....

PA050001.jpg

PA050002.jpg

I admit, it has been a while since I have cleaned my overflow box, but this is just silly. Wow, I have let my tank go...

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Hibye,I orta wash your mouth out with chlorine bleach there young un.

Doc,Bud,You trying to save all that salt creep to use later?

the red stuff is actually purple. It is coralline algae. I have used oceanic and instant ocean. I was saving the salt to boost my salinity in my tank, in case I ran out.....or not. I have just been lazy. After packing more moving junk today, I will clean it and post shots afterward. I have not touched the back of my tank and all that salt creep for about 3 months. Looks good huh?

nah, it is a testiment to my laziness. My coralline comes as a blessing from Zeus, Odin and other Greek and Norse gods.

looks like you may have a tad bit of salt creep there doc! scrape that stuff off into a bucket and use it for you next water change. :)

I may just drop it into the overflow box as is, I think my salinity is at about 1.023, so I can go up a bit. I have been out all day and haven't had time to clean it, maybe I should go take care of that now, huh?

yeah, it was pretty encrusted all over the overflow box. I took pics of the box after a quick cleaning, but photobucket is being difficult tonight and not playing nice. I cannot seem to upload photos. It has been 15 minutes for 2 pics. That should not be happening. So, trust me, it is much cleaner. I will post pics as soon as photobucket will let me.

Back