Hob skimmer?

meshman10

"YA CANT FIX STUPID"
Does anyone have a REEF OCTOPUS hob skimmer? if so can you post a pic of your's in operation. see when I built my stand (1st time) I made a very rookie mistake and built it to short so after my sump,phos reactor.and a couple of other must have's I left no room for the most important peice,that being said I sucked it up and bought the above skimmer..now my Question is it came with piss poor install instuc's at best so, some experience or maybe a pic or two would be nice. I've dealt with the coral life 100's before so I do get the just of it..thank's folk's........

Here's a pic of mine, I don't have an in tank shot of it though.
DSCN0840.jpg

YEP, got the same one,and it appears mine is running normal .. thank's a mill BL that's what I needed, a pic. great skimmer. by the way BL if you got a problem with micro bubble's you can put a peice of filter material where it spill's over the last baffle and presto gone..

I did have problems with the microbubbles but I used a filter sock inside the tank to stop them. I've taken it off the tank recently to put an overflow there now.

does your skimmer go nut's with bubble's when you feed? I feed a cube of frozen mysis I will post a before and after pic today ..this blow's my mind and I can not explain it...

does your skimmer go nut's with bubble's when you feed? I feed a cube of frozen mysis I will post a before and after pic today ..this blow's my mind and I can not explain it...

No, I've never seen it go crazy when I've put anything in the tank, there were a couple of foods that it recommended to shut the skimmer off too but, I never did.

It definitely is going crazy, I think mine did that once but, I can't remember what it was I added to the tank that made it do that.

Back