Holy Crap!

RFD

Reefing newb
OK- I feed my Sun Coral Cyclopene? With the lights out I had a flashlight and while watching the coral actually eat for the second time in four weeks out comes this four in long worm/centipede/snake thing. i know this can't be good what is it and how do i get rid of it!

The worms usually live under the sand,or in holes in the rock.He's a good guy,leave him be,he'll help keep your tank clean:D

Its probably the clowns digging the sand up.Mine used to do that all the time.

Sorry haven't been able to get a pic- not big maybe 2-3 inches long- But that's in 14 gal tank- which makes it a monster!

Nah that's not big! They can get several feet long. I don't think you'd want one that size though. They are excellent cleaners and are worth keeping around.

I had one in my Red Sea Max under a rock that must have been 2 years old. It was at least 12" long and about 1/2" in diameter. It stung the heck out of me when I tried to get it off the rock. It was like a cactus with those bristles. I put it in a container and kept it for days so I could show it off. It was enormous.

I had one in my Red Sea Max under a rock that must have been 2 years old. It was at least 12" long and about 1/2" in diameter. It stung the heck out of me when I tried to get it off the rock. It was like a cactus with those bristles. I put it in a container and kept it for days so I could show it off. It was enormous.

YA know,They have those bristles for a reason:mrgreen:
Seems like bristle worms love my fingers.It never fails,If I work in my tank or help a customer with LR at the store,I'll spend the next couple of days trying to scrap the bristles out.
Feels like fiberglass stuck in my fingers.

here is the one that is in my sump
IM001232.JPG

here is a pic of the 2nd of 3 that are in my 125 gallon
DSC01344.jpg

Gross!!! Mine ever got that big, I'm finding something to eat 'em quick.

I don't like worms. icky... even if they keep my sand clean, they're creepy

Last night,I noticed 20 to 25 (just guessin) small bristle worms floating around my tank.They kinda twist themselves into a corkscrew shape and let the water carry them around.

There are a few different kinds, some will eat coral. But most of us never will end up this the bad ones. When we moved our old 240 we found one that was about 3ft long in the plumbing, talk about freaky.

sixlines and coral banded shrimp are the best for control, if they get over poplutated.

Back