Hoopsdaddy's 165g build

The yellow Belly blue hippo tang in my QT. He has only been released for about an hour and already I'm harrassing him with the camera.
DSC00085edit.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks all! These are the two fish that brought my out of the freshwater hobby and into the saltwater addiction. The mandarian and the hippo.
Now the SPS bug has hit and I have been stung hard. Oh well. Everyones gotta have a hobby. I just happen to have 4-5. Keeps me out of trouble.

Well since I havent posted in a while I thought everyone might like an update. The Yellow belly Blue Hippo is doing great and is eating like a horse. He is thickening up. I hate how most fish look when you get them home from the lfs. They always look skinny. No signs of ich for two weeks now and am going to wait another 2 weeks to add him to the display.
Also picked up a couple more fish today. Been wanting to add a wrasse and have been kicking around the idea of a Biocellate Wrass and finally just didn't want to take a chance. So I found a couple of suprises today when i went back to the lfs.
Sorry the picts are so bad but I have learned that getting a good pict of a wrasse takes mucho patience, and I am ready to post picts so here they are.
Leopard Wrasse
DSC00004edit.jpg
[/IMG]
and
Cirrhilabrus rubriventralis, Long Fin Fairy Wrasse
DSC00005edit.jpg
[/IMG]
Also included the link to the fairy wrasse because the pict is so bad. sorry
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+1158&pcatid=1158

Great additions hoops, make sure you keep your tank covered wrasses are known jumpers. Get those bad boys eating asap, then you've got it licked.

Yeah really. I can't wait. The QT has been helpful though. The hippo got ich right after I put him in. Very glad he did not go in the display. All is well right now. Everyone is eating and looking good.

Dang Leopard Wrasse died last night. Ate everytime I fed and swam around the QT with no signs of disease. Came home from work and found it dead. Only consulation is it wasn't in the display.

Thought I should update since it has been a few weeks and I have got some new corals.
The milli is doing great!!! I have had it for 2 months now and I like it more all the time.
DSC00111ed_611206.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00110ed_188934.jpg
[/IMG]
corner shot look at all my shy fish!!!
DSC00098ed.jpg
[/IMG]
Close up of the Yellow Belly Blue Hippo(still a baby)
DSC00107ed.jpg
[/IMG]
The High Fin Fairy Wrasse
DSC00106ed.jpg
[/IMG]

Those are the updates next post will be of the new corals.

Back