Hoopsdaddy's 165g build

Here are the new items that I got today and a pic of the sailfin since I hadn't posted one yet.
DSC00054ed_737945.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is the Orange digi and a clam shot
DSC00056ed_109680.jpg
[/IMG]
More Orange Digi
DSC00058ed_425628.jpg
[/IMG]
Green monti cap I got 2 pieces about this size.
DSC00052edit.jpg
[/IMG]
Orange monti cap
DSC00053edit.jpg
[/IMG]
And this is the ORA Acro that I got in today. I am not sure which one it is because the color was faded out. When I got there to pick it up it was mostly yellow with the polops out. Now it is starting to darken up and the polops are bright green. Any ideas?
DSC00057ed.jpg
[/IMG]
Let me know what ya think.

SWEET
Those are great looking additions.That Orange Digi looks like the one I got,kinda/sorta.
That Milli looks like it may be more red or orange.Could turn out to be green.
Either way,They look great.
And better start looking at calcium reactors:D

Looks like a milli to me.
Its hard to say how long it'll take to color back up.I've regain color in just a few days,then other got for a couple of months.Just too much at play there to make a guess.Light,parameters,excess nutrients,all play a roll in that.

It is starting to cover everything. Even most of the rock that appears white has a purple/pink tint to it. So rocks are already covered and the back is getting covered quick.

Well it has been to long since I have updated so I had better remind everyone I still have a :sfish: tank.

Not a lot happening. All coral and clam additions are doing great. As this is my first SPS tank I didn't realize how fast they grow and how much they can change under different lighting. All is good though. I have been steady on all water parameters for the last couple of months and am starting to really get a feel for the tank and its needs. I know this will change as I begin to add more fish and then start adding more coral. My new reef tank buddy has several more acro frags for me but we are waiting until after I add my next batch of fish. I will post the fish picts and the new coral additions in the next couple of weeks.
As for now I thought I would take some updated shots of everything and post. Maybe you will like my one new addition. Meet Mandy(I wish my wife would come up with a better name for the fish) :)

DSC00084edit.JPG
[/IMG]

Here is the emerald crab. Comes out every morning to visit and then it hides for the rest of the day.
DSC00083edit.JPG
[/IMG]
Canycanes have really settled in under the new lighting. Didn't think they were going to make it for a while. I would say the head count has doubled in 8 weeks.
DSC00081edit.JPG
[/IMG]
Monti Digi Orange is growing nicely
DSC00080edit.JPG
[/IMG]
Monti Red Cap
DSC00079edit.JPG
[/IMG]
One mystery coral(green one) and the monti was dull green with a brown growth ring when I got it. Now it has a purpleish/brown center with a blue/purple growth ring.
DSC00078edit.JPG
[/IMG]
Wish the pict showed it but the clam has gone from a purpleish brown color to a purple/blue/teal color. It is looking very good.
DSC00075edit.jpg

[/IMG]
And a pic of the Acro Milli. Is has changed so much since I got it home. You can look at previous picts of it in my thread. I believe it is a Rose Milli with green tips.
DSC00073edit.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope you like all the eye candy. Thanks for all the help so far.:wink:

Thanks all,
I will have a treat for you in a couple of hours. My LFS finally got in the fish I have been trying to order but they wouldn't come off the price.........until today.

Back