how many cleaners am i supposed to have?

I dont mean to threadjack (well okay, yes I do, but its very related), but Hannah, whats something that will clean brown algae off sand? Its making my tank look horrible and my nass doesnt really help.

I would have at least 10, and they just climb on the glass. They arent trying to leave and they arent unhappy either. I have several in a bare bottom tank and they are fine. They just hide by the rocks when the lights are on

I would have at least 10, and they just climb on the glass. They arent trying to leave and they arent unhappy either. I have several in a bare bottom tank and they are fine. They just hide by the rocks when the lights are on

Thanks, Hannah! I really appreciate all of your advice :)

Someone beat me to it already but ill +1 checking out John at reefcleaners.org. Great guy and sends you plenty of CUC. Also +1 to littlefish about the hermit crabs. They are opportunistic eaters as are serpent and brittle stars. Large serpents and brittles will eat fish just as easily as anything else. Hermits are downright mean little buggers. I've had them kill one another just to kill and murder snails for no apparent reason, all the while having hundreds of empty shells to choose from. I prefer a snail only main CUC. Just my opinion though.

Back